David Linnig has always had great appreciation for the beauty of the natural world and a strong desire to share his perception of that beauty with others. After pursuing a successful career in the business world, in 1998 he made a mid-life commitment to his second career in fine art photography. He continues to hone his gifted eye for the play of light, shadow, transparency, and reflection in both black & white and color media.
David's independent spirit and unique vision lead him to find the beauty in commonplace details of the natural and man-made world. His compositions are often very graphic, simple and frequently involve specific textures. In addition to his traditional landscapes, he is a master of natural abstracts - abstract-appearing photographs made wholly in-camera. All of David's work illustrates his artistic passion, his keen eye for beauty, and his commitment to natural truths.
Recent and Regular Exhibitions
- Gallery Q, Laguna Beach, CA 2012-13
- Laguna Beach City Hall, Art That's Small at City Hall, 2006-2008, 2012
- Huntington Beach Art Center, Huntington Beach, CA January-February 2010, 2012
- Art-A-Fair Festival, Laguna Beach, CA fifteen consecutive summers 1999-2013
- Sawdust Art Festival, Laguna Beach, CA, 2006-2007, 2009-2013
- Orange County Fair, Costa Mesa, CA July-August, 2012
- Costa Mesa Artist Showcase XV, April 2012
- Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, CA, October-November 2009
- Balboa Island ArtWalk, Newport Beach, CA, May 2008, 2009
- Northwest Cultural Council, Palatine, IL - Through the Looking Glass, July-August 2008
- Disneyland, CA: Featured Artist at "Dream, Imagine, Create" September 2007
- ArtExpo Las Vegas NV, September 2007
- Palm Springs Art Museum, Palm Springs, CA 36th Annual National Juried Exhibit, Spring 2005
- Laguna Art Museum, Laguna Beach, CA, October 2005, 1999-2004
- Art Angles Gallery, Orange, CA 2002-2004
- How Original Gallery, Laguna Beach, CA, 2001-2004; Featured Artist, June 2001 & April 2004
- … and many others
- StuNewsLaguna, seven editions 2012, three editions 2013
- Quill and Parchment, January and March 2012
- Outdoor Photographer, March 2006
- Artella [magazine], January 2006 cover photo, plus August, May, and, January, 2004, September 2003
- Malibu Times, March/April 2005
- Laguna Beach Independent,June 2007, April 2006, March, April and May, 2003
- Artist Series Calendar 2003, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Popular Photography Digital Imaging Guide, February 2002
- Santa Fe Workshops website, 2002-2006
- Santa Fe Workshops Brochure, 2002
- Explore the Universe 2000, January 2000
- Astronomy [magazine], August 1999
- ...and many others.
- Laguna Bluebelt Coalition, 3rd Place, January 2012
- Orange Art Association, 2nd Place, August 2010
- Images of Dana Point, 1st Place, May 2008
- Anaheim Art Association, 42nd Annual Open, 2nd Place, 2006
- Palm Springs Art Museum,36th Annual National Exhibit, Artistic Achievement Award, 2005
- Desert Festival of the Arts, First in Show, April 2004
- Huntington Beach Arts Festival, First in Show, October 2003
- A Celebration of the Arts, Mission Viejo CA, First in Show, June 2003
- Echoes & Visions, Laguna Niguel CA, Honorable Mention, October 2002
In 2012, David was selected as a Principal Photographer for the Dana Point, California Concours d'Elegance.
Photography Classes and Workshops
David teaches photography classes and conducts photographic workshops in Orange County and in field locations in other areas of California.
Emphasis on Quality
Every image David creates and presents to the world is his very best. With his emphasis on excellence, he uses only high quality custom framing with archival-quality mats, UV-filtering glass, acid-free archival mounting, and Fuji Crystal Archive photographic paper.